Following are a variety of reference sources.
- The Petit Basset Griffon Vendéen by Jeffrey G. Pepper, Companion House Books; Limited edition. 2005. Available through Amazon. This book gives recommendations about selecting and caring for a PBGV.
- The Petit Basset Griffon Vendéen: A Definitive Study by Valarie Link and Linda Skerritt, Doral Publishing, 2000. Available through Amazon. The authors have obtained previously unexamined kennel records, albums and archives. New information and photos are published here for the first time.
- A good source of information about this breed is the book, Understanding the Petit Basset Griffon Vendéen: Rustic French Hound by Kitty Steidel, Orient Publishing, 1st edition, 1987. Available from Amazon. This books give the history, explains standards, and discusses training and general care of the dog. It is an informative, interesting and easy to read book.
- Hounds of France: Disciples of Diana by George Johnston and Maria Ericson, Spur Publishing Company. 1979. Available through Amazon
- Hounds in Old Days by Sir Walter Gilbey Series, 2nd Edition, Xs Books, 1979. Available through Amazon.
- Control of Canine Genetic Diseases by George A. Padgett
- PBGVCA Public Education Committee will send you a copy of the PBGVCA Breed Brochure. You can also download a copy in PDF format. This is a large file 4 MB.
- Meet the Petit Basset Griffon Vendéen Brochure Click Here