Information for Breeders
There is no substitute for the extensive experience available from your breeder community. Our Goal is to preserve the well‐being and unique character of the Breed and ensure that the PBGV will continue to be a viable breed in the United States for many years to come. Following are breeder resources from the AKC, OFA, and the PBGVCA Club.
- AKC Litter Online Registration: You must register a litter before attempting to register individual puppies from that litter.
- AKC Artificial Insemination
- AKC Special Registration (i.e., acceptable registries, foreign registrations, etc.)
- AKC Fee Schedule
- AKC Foreign Registration
- AKC Breeder Toolkit: Created for AKC Breeders, Breeder Toolkit combines everything you need in one location.
- AKC Breeder of Merit Program
- DNA & The AKC: Your go-to resource for all things related to AKC canine DNA. AKC maintains the world’s largest database of profiles for parentage verification and genetic identity for AKC registered dogs.
- AKC Marketplace
- AKC Bred with H.E.A.R.T: Program: Breeders that participate in the AKC Bred with H.E.A.R.T. program pledge to uphold the program values of health, education, accountability, responsibility, and tradition.
AKC Canine College Courses For Breeders
- AKC Breeder Education: Good dogs come from good breeders. Good breeders strive to improve their breeds while considering canine health, temperament, training, and promoting responsible dog ownership. Part art, part science, and total devotion, breeding is exciting and challenging. AKC is here to support you on this amazing journey.
- OFA: Our mission is to promote the health and welfare of companion animals through a reduction in the incidence of genetic disease.
- OFA & The PBGV
- OFA Applications Vet Exam-Related Forms
- OFA Health Clinics Listing