Welcome to the PBGV Club of America website; home of the rough coated French hound. Petit Basset Griffon Vendéen is pronounced "Puh-TEE Bah-SAY Gree-FOHN VON-day-uhn."
The name describes the basic characteristics of the breed as:
- Petit: Small
- Basset: Low to the Ground
- Griffon: Rough Coated
- Vendéen: Region in France Where Breed Originated
New Video ~ Enjoy learning about the joy of hunting with your PBGV. Click Here
2023 Regional & National
March 27-April 2, 2023
Conformation, Rally, Agility, Fast CAT, Obedience, Scent Work, Top 20, Breeder's Brunch and much more!
Tiffany Cannon, National Chair, email@example.com
Lora Megli, Assistant Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep watching for more information over the next few months.
GO to 2023 National~Regional Home Page
NEW ~ Introducing the PBGVCA Breeders’ Tool Chest
Created to encourage new breeders by breeders.
This big project has received input from many of our breeders; thank you! There are 3 major categories:
- The Basics: links to our breed standard, pedigree-health database, Breeder's Code of Best Practices, puppy and stud dog service directories, etc.
- Being a Responsible Dog Breeder: The lion’s share of information lives here and new information will be added over time. It includes selecting breeding stock, health testing, AKC/International Registries, educational videos, getting the bitch pregnant right on through to puppy packets (new version coming soon) and sample new puppy owner contracts, assessing new puppy buyers, etc. documents.
- Breeder’s Community: Lists our mentors who will help members interested in breeding, breeder/health articles, call to join PBGVCA and a place where breeders can share their own experiences.
There is no substitute for the extensive experience available from our breeder community.