Welcome to the PBGV Club of America website; home of the rough coated French hound. Petit Basset Griffon Vendéen is pronounced "Puh-TEE Bah-SAY Gree-FOHN VON-day-uhn."
The name describes the basic characteristics of the breed as:
- Petit: Small
- Basset: Low to the Ground
- Griffon: Rough Coated
- Vendéen: Region in France Where Breed Originated
April 26-May 2, 2022
Holiday Inn St. Louis SW - Route 66
Holiday Inn St Louis SW - Route 66
10709 Watson Rd, St. Louis, MO 63127
Phone: (314) 821-6600
The block of rooms is listed under “Petit Basset Griffon Vendeen Club” for anyone contacting the hotel directly.
National Regular & Non-Regular Classes, Include. Jr. Showmanship
Patricia V Trotter
National Sweepstakes Classes
Mrs. Susan Nelson Smyth
Regional Regular & Non-Regular Classes, nclude. Jr. Showmanship
Ms. Beverly Capstick
Regional Sweepstakes Classes
Mr. Cameron Henson
GO to 2022 National~Regional Home Page
NEW ~ Introducing the PBGVCA Breeders’ Tool Chest
Created to encourage new breeders by breeders.
This big project has received input from many of our breeders; thank you! There are 3 major categories:
- The Basics: links to our breed standard, pedigree-health database, Breeder's Code of Best Practices, puppy and stud dog service directories, etc.
- Being a Responsible Dog Breeder: The lion’s share of information lives here and new information will be added over time. It includes selecting breeding stock, health testing, AKC/International Registries, educational videos, getting the bitch pregnant right on through to puppy packets (new version coming soon) and sample new puppy owner contracts, assessing new puppy buyers, etc. documents.
- Breeder’s Community: Lists our mentors who will help members interested in breeding, breeder/health articles, call to join PBGVCA and a place where breeders can share their own experiences.
There is no substitute for the extensive experience available from our breeder community.