PBGV Rescue exists to facilitate the rescue, rehabilitation and placement in a forever home of only purebred PBGVs whose circumstances make such actions necessary. The Rescue Committee operates on the principle of confidentiality. In a normal course, information received by the Rescue Committee will not be divulged to persons outside the Rescue Committee.
PBGV Rescue is a committee of the Petit Basset Griffon Vendeen Club of America and is composed of a Chairperson, two Assistant Chairpersons and six Regional Representatives. Select blue tab entitled “Representatives” for list of committee members.
Any and all persons interested in the well being of the PBGV breed are needed by rescue!
I THINK I FOUND A PBGV!
Anyone that thinks they have found a PBGV should IMMEDIATELY contact their Regional Representative! It is the goal of the Rescue Committee to respond within 24 hours of notification of a possible rescue. The following information should be included in the email to the representative.
- Reporting person’s name, full address and phone number
- Location of PBGV with as much information as possible, i.e. shelter name, address, phone number, person in charge of facility, etc.
- Whether reporting person suspects or knows dog is a purebred PBGV.
Sandy Bustin, Chair, Region 2, email@example.com
Sue Smyth, firstname.lastname@example.org, Assistant Chair, Regions 1,3,5
Julie Shannon, email@example.com, Ass’t Chair, Regions 2,4,6
Region 1 Northeastern:
Charlene Pollitt, firstname.lastname@example.org , 299 W. Elizabeth St., Pittsburgh, PA 15207
Region 2 Southeastern:
Sandy Bustin, email@example.com; 16206 Barrineau Pl, Lutz, FL 33549
Region 3 North Central:
Teri King, K9goldens@msn.com, 8309 NW Oakwood Drive, Ankeny, IA 50023
Region 4 South Central:
Cindy Wilt, firstname.lastname@example.org, 13270 Tom Gaston Road, Mobile, AL 36605
Regions 5 & 6 Northwestern & Southwestern:
Susannah Cooper, Suton@earthlink.net, 152 E 11th Avenue, Escondido, CA 92025-5112
Region (1) Northeastern
Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia and the District of Columbia
Region (2) Southeastern
Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, and South Carolina
Region (3 )North Central
Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin
Region (4) South Central
Alabama, Arkansas, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Tennessee, and Texas
Region (5) Northwestern
Alaska, California, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington and Wyoming.
Region (6) Southwestern
Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii, Nevada, New Mexico and Utah.
In order to be considered for adoption of a PBGV, please follow the following instructions. Please understand that there are a limited number of PBGVs available for adoption, which speaks well of our breeders and owners. There are usually many applications and often very few, if any, PBGVs that need homes. There is an adoption fee.
- Complete Rescue Adoption Consideration Application. Download a print version of form and mail to representative click here OR complete the online version of our Adoption Consideration Application Click Here.
- Once your application is submitted, either online or by mail, you will be placed on a waiting list and should a dog become available you will be contacted.
- PBGV Rescue attempts to match the proper owner with the proper dog. Obviously, if a dog does not do well with children, the dog would not be placed in a home with children. Therefore, your place on the waiting list would not be the only criteria used when placing a dog.
- Once you are selected, you will have the right to accept or refuse the dog. If you accept the dog, you must complete an PBGVCA Adoption Agreement and submit it to your Regional Representative. You would then work with a volunteer/contact person to determine the best procedure to follow to take possession of your dog.
- All PBGVs shall be spayed or neutered and micro-chipped prior to adoption.
Agree to foster this Petit Basset Griffon Vendéen dog for the PBGV Rescue Committee, and release PBGV Rescue, PBGVCA, and their individual members from all claims for personal injury and/or property damage to myself or others associated with this foster care.
Acknowledge receipt of the PBGVCA Foster Dog Manual and agree to take care of this dog in accordance with that document. This dog will not be used for breeding, medical, or experimental purposes. Understand that if given false information or do not follow the terms of this contract, PBGVCA Rescue may reclaim this dog and start legal proceedings against me at my expense, and may assess damages in the amount of $500 against me.
Download and sign the PBGVCA Foster Care Agreement and mail to your representative.
Thank you for opening your heart and home to one of the PBGVCA Rescue Committee’s dogs. Your generosity will provide a PBGV an opportunity to grow or heal before finding its forever home. PBGVCA Rescue is one of the most important functions of the PBGV Club of America, with a mission to help out PBGVs that for whatever reason need a new home.
Reasons to Foster
Fostering is a wonderful experience for you, your family, and the foster dog.
Fostering provides a bridge between a dog coming into the Rescue program and being adopted into a forever home. Foster dogs provide companionship
and purpose. Your act of kindness is repaid in rewards that are beyond words
Download the Foster Dog Manual