If you are interested in becoming a PBGVCA Mentor by virtue of your experience, knowledge and success in PBGVs, please send your name, address, phone, email and a short resume (75 words or less) confirming/attesting to your eligibility, to the address below. Breeder judges are automatically approved and need not apply, however, attendance at Nationals is expected. B/J should also send me a note agreeing to be placed on our list.
If you would like guidance for your mentoring in the form of a mentor card and mentor notes that you may copy and give to a student, please send a self addressed stamped envelope to me and I will forward: K Steidel,10040 E Happy Valley Rd #229, Scottsdale, AZ 85255.
- Our current requirements* to be on the PBGVCA approved mentor list
- Be a member in good standing with the PBGVCA for at least five years, be a breeders of merit w/AKC.
- Be a recognized breeder, not just owned and showed, or at least five PBGV’s to championships. Individual consideration for experience in other breeds as well.
- Be able to articulate your knowledge of PBGV anatomy, form and function.
- Have regularly attended Nationals, one every three years, and or any Regionals in his/her area.
- Have attended at least one PBGVCA sponsored workshop/seminar in the last five years.
- Have the ability to evaluate dogs in positive terminology and without prejudice.
- Be willing to travel to events for the purpose of mentoring without financial reimbursement for possible expenses incurred.
* Requirements subject to change